Microsoft provides great way to explore data classification content through the Content Explorer. It's a powerful tool that requires special permissions to search and view content across Microsoft repositories (SharePoint, OneDrive and Exchange). With its power comes responsibility and limitations:
- Special permissions allow access to all data classification content (ignoring regular permissions).
- Search and filtering capabilities are fairly limited and slow.
Navigator 365 provides an excellent alternative for the Microsoft Content Explorer with the following features:
- Grouping and filtering by retention labels, sensitivity labels and sensitive information types.
- Does not require any special permissions or licenses.
- Always works in the security context of current user.
- Additional flexible grouping options (sites, document libraries, folders, terms, users and content types)
- Navigator 365 could be added as a SharePoint web part, Microsoft Teams tab or Microsoft Teams personal app.
Article is closed for comments.